Mike and Dom: Are those my feet?

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Why, why does it happen to me....



Out of my way! I'm a motorist

Right, I am sorry but its time for a rant....

Why is it that people feel the need to pull out in front of me, cut me up and look at me as if I am insane....! Whats worse is recently I have fallen foul of dodgy old codgers in aging Toyotas, Rovers and Nissans....

It goes a little something like this...

I'm driving along, happy and content, its a national speed limit road, doing about 55, "OH SHIT! NISSAN!" thats right, some barnicle with more wrinkles than a Value Prune has just pulled straight out of a junction about 30 yards in front....

Bang on go the brakes, I nearly get rear-ended by an Audi, (and quite frankly the last thing I wanted to see in life was a Red Micra with Ethel talking to Fred about the price of beef and how much her bunions hurt.... ) Still, I manage to stop as he bumbles grinds his way to 25, 40, and stays there, shaking his head at my bare faced cheek and audacity for actually tooting at him....

We continued to bumble along the road with ethel holding onto her hat and Fred pointing out of the wimdow and we hit the 30 zone, so he speeds up? WTF!!! ARGHHHGHHHH

And lo and behold it happened again yesterday, except a mind blowing 35mph through the whole of the journey, a blur of tweed and caps.

I couldn't believe it, you have no idea how much it infuriates me, to the point of being sadenough to write a rant about it. at least if you are going to cut me up and cause whiplash at least have the courtesy to stick up your middle finger and blast along the road in a string of profanities and a cloud of smoke.... f***'s sake.

So tell me, for those of you that drive, what gets under your skin the most, or even as a passenger, leave a comment below....

Mike

3 Comments:

  • This particular raod rudeness happen to us all. As I said before on a post of my non-award-winning blog (CATCOUK.BLOGSPOT.COM), Super-minis are the bain of my life. To see my road rant, why not visit my Blog.

    Basically, I drive a 20 year old Estate, and Superminis first get in my way, and then out accelerate me on the first chance I get to overtake.

    I think the answer is:
    only allow me to drive.

    For more road safety advice, see
    CATCOUK.BLOGSPOT.COM

    By Blogger Andy Clarke, at 12:00 AM  

  • Happened to me again yesterday.

    I can't believe it.... GRRRRRRRR!

    By Blogger MRG, at 10:50 PM  

  • The bane of my life is currently taxi drivers, white van men, and people in crappy Novas who feel it is necessary to sit up my arse, when I am already doing the speed limit, if not faster. Finally lost it the other day, and just slammed on the breaks and sat at 20mph in a single lane 30 to piss the guy off. First chance he got to overtake me, and there was a speed camera, I actually sat and prayed it would go off, and it did!!! Made my week!

    By Blogger Chris, at 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home